Metro Detroit, Michigan
Join our team of zealous energy-efficiency superheroes.
From energy consulting to decarbonization strategies, Energy Sciences helps commercial, industrial, and municipal clients identify and eliminate waste to increase their energy eﬃciency. We improve facility systems, create unique and measurable plans, and conserve energy while saving millions of dollars in the process. Taking a strategic and comprehensive approach, we activate the best practices and people to produce truly impactful results that improve the longevity of our planet.
This position has a home-based office and requires periodic travel within Michigan.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 4+ years of experience developing, designing, and managing successful programs/projects.
- Demonstrated experience with client management, KPI tracking, and leading a team to meet targets.
- Proven ability to develop and articulate the stakeholder value proposition and drive a team with new approaches and ideas.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement in quality assurance/control theories, techniques, and applications.
- Firm understanding of the procurement of best practices and contract administration.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Experience working with CRMs/Salesforce
- Ability to travel to work sites as needed.
Preferred Additional Experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting programs in the energy field.
- Technical training (CEA, CEM, LEED, PMP, etc.).
- Industry certifications, professional affiliations, and publications.
- Experience managing a team (both in-house and virtual).
You will join a team dedicated to helping commercial and industrial customers reduce their energy use by providing technical expertise through energy efficiency programs, training initiatives, and direct-to-customer services. Some of the day-to-day activities you would be involved with might include:
- Lead and manage program performance, including driving energy savings, financial management, other contract deliverables, strategic planning, quality assurance, and operational efficiencies (scope, schedule, and budget).
- Manage client relationships.
- Assist the client with idea generation and research on program options.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with local trade allies or service providers to ensure the adoption and promotion of applicable programs.
- Assist in the development of company sustainability plans and goals.
- Manage and monitor and activities of subcontractors.
- Analyze market trends and technologies to enhance deployment opportunities for client programs.
- Incorporate “best practice” methods of program implementation.
- Participate in and/or lead program development and design.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Report on program progress to goals to clients and internal team on schedules and budget forecast (spend and savings).
- Prepare and give program presentations as needed.
- Collaborate with the program management team, other departments, and outside services to provide input and assist with the development of tools.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of the team to ensure continuous improvement.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among peer group team members.
- General familiarity with, and passion for, energy and efficiency.
- Focus on customer engagement with the ability to build trusting long-term working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact comfortably with external customers.
- Demonstrated awareness of sensitive communications, client/end-user dynamics, and a capability for diplomatically working through issues.
- Self-directed and able to work independently and collaborate with others to drive execution, solve problems creatively, and foster innovation among teams. Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Critical thinking skills with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to set priorities and coordinate multiple projects, customers, deadlines, and demands.
- Proficient with MS Office and Salesforce, understanding and using SharePoint features and reporting abilities.
- Proactive, resourceful, and highly motivated with the ability to achieve results.
- Knowledge of industrial facilities/systems, how energy efficiency applies to these systems, and Demand Side Management are plusses.
We offer an excellent full-time benefits package including DAY 1 benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), a retirement plan with match, profit sharing, 13 paid holidays, and 120 hours of paid time off starting in year 1.
More about Energy Sciences
Energy Sciences is on a mission to create a more sustainable and socially responsible energy future. We value working as a team, questioning the status quo to find new and better ways, doing our work with integrity, and taking responsibility and initiative to get things done. We provide professional consulting, training, and energy management services to commercial, industrial, and municipal sectors, delivering customized solutions and sustainable strategies.
Energy Sciences is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive employment consideration without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, height, weight, genetic information, or status in any group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume.