Metro Detroit, Michigan
Join our team of zealous energy-efficiency superheroes.
As an energy engineer with Energy Sciences, you will join our team of degreed and licensed engineers, scientists, and energy efficiency professionals to meet the energy use challenges of commercial and industrial facilities. We are looking for experienced and talented technical team members to assist our clients, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, in identifying energy-savings opportunities, reducing waste, and saving money. You will play a key entrepreneurial role on a team in an exciting, start-up environment that is dedicated to driving our vision of a sustainable and socially responsible energy future.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Non-degreed professional considered with minimum five (5) years of experience in energy assessments and commissioning/retro-commissioning-related work.
- CEM, CEA, CMVP, EBCP, and PE certification preferred.
- Five years of experience with the items below preferred:
- Engineering support for utility energy efficiency programs
- Retro-commissioning of HVAC, lighting, and process systems
- New building systems commissioning
- HVAC system assessments for general conditions and to identify energy savings opportunities.
- ASHRAE level I,II, III energy auditing for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Energy and economic analyses based on trending, bin weather data, and regression analysis.
- BMS review, trending, field measurement, and verification work.
- Knowledge of building systems, including HVAC, pumps, chilled water, hot water, steam, industrial process, and compressed air.
- Working on-site with commercial and industrial customers.
- Writing reports and delivering presentations.
- Utilizing tools such as Microsoft Office and advanced skills using Excel.
- Project management of scope, schedule, and budget.
Day to day
You will join a team dedicated to helping commercial and industrial customers reduce their energy use by providing technical expertise through energy efficiency programs, training initiatives, and direct-to-customer services. Some of the day-to-day activities you would be involved with might include:
- Identifying and quantifying energy efficiency opportunities.
- Performing energy and economic analyses.
- Reviewing energy assessments, opportunities, and calculations.
- Collaborating with customers, assisting with technical questions, and developing projects.
- Preparing reports and delivering presentations
- Conducting site surveys and facilities assessments
- Mentoring other technical team members to teach energy engineering fundamentals.
- Managing utility energy efficiency programs.
- Travel time up to 25%.
- Collaborative, enterprising individual who likes to work in an open team environment.
- Excited about challenging the status quo and offering creative ideas for growth.
- Self-motivated and able to work with autonomy and independence.
- Able to make quick and sound decisions.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- Willing to take initiative.
- Proactive, responsive, and attentive to client needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy sharing expertise with a diverse team to encourage development and growth.
- Believe in making a positive environmental impact.
We offer an excellent full-time benefits package including DAY 1 benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), a retirement plan with match, profit sharing, 13 paid holidays, and 120 hours of paid time off starting in year 1.
More about Energy Sciences
Energy Sciences is on a mission to create a more sustainable and socially responsible energy future. We value working as a team, questioning the status quo to find new and better ways, doing our work with integrity, as well as taking responsibility and initiative to get things done. We provide professional consulting, training, and energy management services to commercial, industrial, and municipal sectors, delivering customized solutions and sustainable strategies.
Energy Sciences is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive employment consideration without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, height, weight, genetic information, or status in any group protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume